bathroomkitchensdirect.co.uk is the online website of Studio Designs.
Studio Designs is the trading name of Economy German Kitchens Ltd registered in England and Wales. Registration Number 1918730. Registered address 24 Kingsway City Trading Estate, Norwich NR2 4UE
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority to us, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Studio Designs is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our showroom, use your mobile/tablet/desktop device to go online, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data
Studio Designs uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any orders that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Studio Designs to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery, collection and installation service providers.
Studio Designs only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Studio Designs and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Studio Designs will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 15 years.
Studio Designs may collect the following information about you:
- your name
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Studio Designs websites;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Studio Designs
- card payment details
- CCTV images (showroom only)
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Studio Designs is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect the entire Studio Designs IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Studio Designs will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Studio Designs asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out as follows:-
In writing to, Data Control Officer, Studio Designs, 24 Kingsway, Norwich, NR2 4UE.
By Email to email@example.com
There is not a charge for a right to access request. However, If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your request within 30 days.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Studio Designs collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods and services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Studio Designs, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Studio Designs, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Studio Designs;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Studio Designs; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers
- CCTV is used for the security of customers and staff
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
2. To enable Studio Designs to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
This Policy was updated in May 2018.